Nigeria

Man who suffered electric shock transferred to LASUTH

Man who suffered electric shock transferred to LASUTH

An employee of Ikeja Electric (IE) distribution company, Azeez Ojikutu, who had a part of his body severed while working in Ikorodu, has been transferred from Ikorodu General Hospital to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH).

Debunking the news that the man had died, the head, Corporate Communications of the firm, Felix Ofulue, in a statement yesterday said: “Preliminary investigation revealed that on May 15, at 11:40a.m., a member of our technical crew from Ikorodu Business Unit, Azeez Ojikutu, received electric shock and sustained severe burns while carrying out re-conductoring repairs on WAEC 11kv feeder.

“His right hand was cut off and he was rushed to Ikorodu General Hospital for immediate medical attention. He is currently receiving adequate treatment at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH),” noting that earlier report, which said the accident happened while he was on a disconnection exercise, was not true.